Your Gift Helps Northshore Senior Center Reach Our Communities
Northshore Senior Center relies on the generosity of individual community members to help us meet our mission. No gift is too small. Please consider making a one-time donation today, or become a sustaining donor by setting up a monthly gift. Donations will go to the area of greatest need unless otherwise designated.
Work with an amazingly dedicated team of people, have fun, and feel great about the impact you’re having on our community. Join our team!
Northshore Senior Center Kindness Crew
Volunteers needed to make and write cards that will be mailed to seniors and volunteers to brighten their day!
Would you like to host a food drive for the food pantry of Northshore Senior Center? Contact us for help setting it up!
Yard Work – ACTIVE
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4 pm
- Volunteer Shift- min. 2 hours/day, once or twice a week
- Volunteer “Work Party” of 6 or more volunteers. Based on the availability of schedule and task. Please connect with our Volunteer Coordinator if you wish to organize a work party as a team-building activity for your organization or business.
Kitchen Helper – ACTIVE
- Monday to Friday – 8 am to 1 pm
- Must have a food handler’s permit
- Volunteer shift: Once a week
- Please connect with our Volunteer Coordinator if you wish to volunteer in the kitchen in the future.
Driver – ACTIVE
- Help older adults access medical appointments and the grocery store by being a volunteer driver.
- Shifts available Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm
- Flexible schedule–shifts vary based on the requests received and needs of members.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have a vehicle in good working condition. Volunteer drivers can be reimbursed for mileage at the IRS rate. Must have access to a cell phone.
Food Pantry- ACTIVE
- Help distribute food to the community
- Receive donations and sort food
Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to provide great and respectful customer service to a diverse range of clients
Physically be able to move around, up, and down easily, standing, walking & moving in a fast-paced environment
Ability to take direction & work as part of a team
Front Desk – ACTIVE
The Northshore Senior Center is looking for Front Desk Volunteers! Must be comfortable using a computer and phone. Help screen for COVID, enter data into our system, sign people up for classes, take payments and give out useful information to our guests.
Health & Wellness Center:
Mon 12pm to 3:30 pm
Grant Writer- ACTIVE
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- In collaboration with NSC staff, draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
Time Commitment: This position requires a minimum of one 4+ hour shift per week (8AM-12:30PM or 12:15-4:30PM). There will also be a training period associated with this position.
- Shifts available Monday through Friday from 8:30am-12:30pm, or from 12:30pm-4:00 pm
- Looking for people who can commit to a minimum of one 4 hours shift each week.
- Help keep the senior center facilities clean and sanitized.
Facilities : ACTIVE
We are looking for a Facilities Coordinator Volunteer to help us maintain a secure and well-functioning work environment. The volunteer will help oversee all activities inside a building, making sure that health and safety standards are met and arranging for repairs when needed.
- Fixing minor issues in appliances or arranging for repairs when needed
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Removing hazardous materials from all areas accessible to employees and guests
NSC Employment Matching Program – ACTIVE Paid Opportunity
Seniors Helping Seniors – Paid Opportunity
Use your life skills to help seniors that need assistance and earn some extra money for yourself. All potential workers are initially interviewed and checked through the Washington State Patrol system. Our volunteer NSC Employment Matching Program gets calls daily asking for help. We find one of our service providers who’s a good match for what the “client” is needing assistance with, then give you a call to see if you’re interested. If you are, you then call the client, discuss the job and negotiate a fee.
We are presently looking for service providers in the following categories:
- Handymen (yes, you can say “no ladders or roof work please”!)
- Home care (personal care assistance, companionship and/or meal prep, etc.)
- Other (could be sewing/tailoring, in-home care, organizing, etc.)
Learn more by calling us at 425-286-1028! (office open M,W,F from 10am-1pm)
Please note that all volunteers must complete a background check as part of the approval process. Once your application has been processed, our volunteer coordinator will contact you to help identify a volunteer role that might be a good fit.
Contact us for more volunteer information:
Volunteer Coordinator: Harry Horst
Other ways to give:
The full list of 2021 Sponsorship opportunities can be found here. We anticipate opportunities will continue to evolve as we slowly reopen programs and services.
We are currently looking to engage sponsors for our Bothell 5k, raising funds for our Northshore “Wranglers” Inclusion Program, serving special needs individuals of all ages in our community. www.Bothell5k.org To sponsor this event, please visit here or call us at 425-286-1023.
Northshore Senior Center regularly needs various items to help support our programs and services. A list of our current in-kind needs can be found here. Donations can be delivered directly to the Bothell Senior Center, Monday-Friday between 9am-3pm. Otherwise, please call us to arrange a time to drop off. 425-487-2441.
Upcoming Fundraising Events
Northshore Senior Center has a limited number of fundraising events planned for 2021. These opportunities may continue to evolve as it becomes more safe to gather in person. At this time, you can find information about our fundraising events here.