Your Gift Helps Northshore Senior Center Reach Our Communities
Northshore Senior Center relies on the generosity of individual community members to help us meet our mission. No gift is too small. Please consider making a one-time donation today, or become a sustaining donor by setting up a monthly gift. Donations will go to the area of greatest need unless otherwise designated.
We envision a community where everyone leads full, healthy, and inspired lives.
Founded in 1972, Northshore Senior Center has grown to be one of the largest senior centers in the Country. We focus on providing holistic services and support to older adults, people of all ages with disabilities, and their family caregivers. Our dedicated staff and volunteers, welcoming facilities and nearly 300 programs create a vibrant place to connect and learn for people in our community, by meeting their social, emotional, recreational and health needs all in one place.
Work with an amazingly dedicated team of people, have fun, and feel great about the impact you’re having on our community. Join our team! Benefits we provide include medical, dental, vision, 401K option, sick and vacation pay, 12 holidays and access to Lifeworks, an employee benefit program and a great work environment!
To apply or to learn more about a position, click HERE.
For general questions, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Northshore Senior Center relies on a team of over 500 volunteers each year who help us meet our mission of serving people in our community.
If you are interested in volunteering, fill out the interest form below or email Volunteer@mynorthshore.org.
Northshore Senior Center Kindness Crew
Volunteers needed to make and write cards that will be mailed to seniors and volunteers to brighten their day!
Would you like to host a food drive for the food pantry of Northshore Senior Center? Contact us for help setting it up!
Yard Work – ACTIVE
- Help out with yard work at our Senior Centers in Bothell, Mill Creek, Kenmore or Health & Wellness
- Work includes cleanup of grounds, raking leaves, flower bed clean up, pressure washing
- Complete ongoing and seasonal tasks as needed
- Keep the tool storage area clean and organized.
Program Assistant – ACTIVE
- Assist with daily activities as assigned by the Activity Manager.
- Provide personal attention to the participants. Share any special skills and talents.
- Assist with group activities.
- Assist staff and participants with outings and special events.
- Set up and take down furniture as directed. Help maintain a clean and safe environment.
Kitchen Helper/Community Dining/Pancake Breakfast – ACTIVE
- Cook organizes and assigns tasks, assists in cooking
- Pack meals and prepare packets for food delivery
- Food Prep people assist in preparing the food according to proper health food guidelines and as assigned by the cook
- Community Dining/Pancake Breakfast: Serve food to people eating in our dining room
Library Assistant – ACTIVE
- Assist the Librarian Volunteer
- Organize books, stock library with new books
Computer Skills (Data Entry, Social Media) – ACTIVE
- Assist with any data entry Northshore Senior Center may need
- Assist with posting and creating posts for Northshore Senior Center’s social media and marketing plans.
- Training provided
Driver – ACTIVE
- Help older adults access medical appointments and the grocery store by being a volunteer driver.
- Flexible schedule–shifts vary based on the requests received and needs of members.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have a vehicle in good working condition. Volunteer drivers can be reimbursed for mileage at the IRS rate. Must have access to a cell phone.
Food Pantry- ACTIVE
- Help distribute food to the community
- Receive donations and sort food
Ability to provide great and respectful customer service to a diverse range of clients
Physically be able to move around, up, and down easily, standing, walking & ability to lift up to 30lbs
Front Desk Reception – ACTIVE
The Northshore Senior Center is looking for Front Desk Volunteers!
- Must be comfortable using a computer and phone.
- Help screen for COVID, enter data into our system, sign people up for classes, take payments and give out useful information to our guests.
Grant Writer- ACTIVE
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- In collaboration with NSC staff, draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
Time Commitment: This position requires a minimum of one 4+ hour shift per week. There will also be a training period associated with this position.
Pancake Breakfast: Starting May 7th
- Assist in the kitchen making pancakes
- Help keep the kitchen clean and organized
- Serve people in the dining room
- Clean up kitchen when done
- May 5th: Help set up for the art show!
- May 7th: Help take down the art show!
- Help keep the senior center facilities clean and sanitized.
Facilities : ACTIVE
We are looking for a Facilities Coordinator Volunteer to help us maintain a secure and well-functioning work environment. The volunteer will help oversee all activities inside a building, making sure that health and safety standards are met and arranging for repairs when needed.
- Fixing minor issues in appliances or arranging for repairs when needed
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Removing hazardous materials from all areas accessible to employees and guests
NSC Employment Matching Program – ACTIVE Paid Opportunity
Seniors Helping Seniors – Paid Opportunity
Use your life skills to help seniors that need assistance and earn some extra money for yourself. All potential workers are initially interviewed and checked through the Washington State Patrol system. Our volunteer NSC Employment Matching Program gets calls daily asking for help. We find one of our service providers who’s a good match for what the “client” is needing assistance with, then give you a call to see if you’re interested. If you are, you then call the client, discuss the job and negotiate a fee.
We are presently looking for service providers in the following categories:
- Handymen (yes, you can say “no ladders or roof work please”!)
- Home care (personal care assistance, companionship and/or meal prep, etc.)
- Other (could be sewing/tailoring, in-home care, organizing, etc.)
Learn more by calling us at 425-286-1028! (office open M,W,F from 10am-1pm)
NSC Employment Matching Program Assistant- Active
To receive job requests and provide placement assistance and information for clients, employers and employees.
- Provide information as requested by clients, employers and employees
- Process information and placement and document on computer
- Evaluation and interviewing of applicants
Coffee Bar- Active
- Set up and clean up the coffee bar area.
- Make coffee, get ice water in pitchers, and replenish all supplies.
- Clean dishes and the area at the end of shift.
- Provide welcoming environment for all guests
- Engage in and encourage conversations
Please note that all volunteers must complete a background check as part of the approval process. Once your application has been processed, our volunteer coordinator will contact you to help identify a volunteer role that might be a good fit.
Contact us for more volunteer information:
Volunteer Coordinator: Harry Horst
Other ways to give:
We are currently looking to engage sponsors for our Bothell 5k, raising funds for our Northshore “Wranglers” Inclusion Program, serving special needs individuals of all ages in our community. www.Bothell5k.org To sponsor this event, or to donate, please visit here or call us at 425-286-1023.
Northshore Senior Center regularly needs various items to help support our programs and services. A list of our current in-kind needs can be found here. Donations can be delivered directly to the Bothell Senior Center, Monday-Friday between 9am-3pm. Otherwise, please call us to arrange a time to drop off. 425-487-2441.
Upcoming Fundraising Events
Northshore Senior Center has a limited number of fundraising events planned for 2021. These opportunities may continue to evolve as it becomes more safe to gather in person. At this time, you can find information about our fundraising events here.