Your Gift Helps Northshore Senior Center Reach Our Communities
Northshore Senior Center relies on the generosity of individual community members to help us meet our mission. No gift is too small. Please consider making a one-time donation today, or become a sustaining donor by setting up a monthly gift. Donations will go to the area of greatest need unless otherwise designated.
We envision a community where everyone leads full, healthy, and inspired lives.
Founded in 1972, Northshore Senior Center has grown to be one of the largest senior centers in the Country. We focus on providing holistic services and support to older adults, people of all ages with disabilities, and their family caregivers. Our dedicated staff and volunteers, welcoming facilities and nearly 300 programs create a vibrant place to connect and learn for people in our community, by meeting their social, emotional, recreational and health needs all in one place.
Work with an amazingly dedicated team of people, have fun, and feel great about the impact you’re having on our community. Join our team! Benefits we provide include medical, dental, vision, 401K option, sick and vacation pay, 12 holidays and access to Lifeworks, an employee benefit program and a great work environment!
To apply or to learn more about a position, click HERE.
For general questions, contact us by emailing email@example.com
Northshore Senior Center relies on a team of over 500 volunteers each year who help us meet our mission of serving people in our community.
If you are interested in volunteering, fill out the interest form below or email Volunteer@mynorthshore.org.
Northshore Senior Center Kindness Crew
Volunteers needed to make and write cards that will be mailed to seniors and volunteers to brighten their day!
Would you like to host a food drive for the food pantry of Northshore Senior Center? Contact us for help setting it up!
Yard Work – ACTIVE
- Help out with yard work at our Senior Centers in Bothell, Mill Creek, Kenmore or Health & Wellness
- Work includes cleanup of grounds, raking leaves, flower bed clean up, pressure washing
- Complete ongoing and seasonal tasks as needed
- Keep the tool storage area clean and organized.
Program Assistant – ACTIVE
- Assist with daily activities as assigned by the Activity Manager.
- Provide personal attention to the participants. Share any special skills and talents.
- Assist with group activities.
- Assist staff and participants with outings and special events.
- Set up and take down furniture as directed. Help maintain a clean and safe environment.
Kitchen Helper/Community Dining – ACTIVE
- Cook organizes and assigns tasks, assists in cooking
- Pack meals and prepare packets for food delivery
- Food Prep people assist in preparing the food according to proper health food guidelines and as assigned by the cook
- Community Dining/Pancake Breakfast: Serve food to people eating in our dining room
Strength and Balance Fitness Assistant – ACTIVE
Tuesday and Thursday Mornings. Flexible Schedule Choose Your Day and Class Time!
- Able to do physical exercise with or without weights, standing or seated.
- Comfortable in front of a classroom of students
- Classroom with 25-30 students of various ages and abilities
- Assist Instructor by doing modified exercises for students to follow along.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old and provide proof of vaccination for Covid19.
Food Pantry- ACTIVE
- Help distribute food to the community
- Receive donations and sort food
Ability to provide great and respectful customer service to a diverse range of clients
Physically be able to move around, up, and down easily, standing, walking & ability to lift up to 30lbs
Front Desk Reception at Mill Creek or Bothell – ACTIVE
The Northshore Senior Center is looking for volunteers to staff our service desks in the Health & Wellness building, the Social Services department in Bothell, and the Mill Creek Senior Center.
- Lend us your sunny disposition!
- Must be comfortable using a computer and phone.
- Help enter data into our system, sign people up for classes, take payments and give out useful information to our guests.
Grant Writer- ACTIVE
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- In collaboration with NSC staff, draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
Time Commitment: This position requires a minimum of one 4+ hour shift per week. There will also be a training period associated with this position.
Facilities : ACTIVE
We are looking for a Facilities Coordinator Volunteer to help us maintain a secure and well-functioning work environment. The volunteer will help oversee all activities inside a building, making sure that health and safety standards are met and arranging for repairs when needed.
- Fixing minor issues in appliances or arranging for repairs when needed
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Removing hazardous materials from all areas accessible to employees and guests
NSC Employment Matching Program – ACTIVE Paid Opportunity
Seniors Helping Seniors – Paid Opportunity
Use your life skills to help seniors that need assistance and earn some extra money for yourself. All potential workers are initially interviewed and checked through the Washington State Patrol system. Our volunteer NSC Employment Matching Program gets calls daily asking for help. We find one of our service providers who’s a good match for what the “client” is needing assistance with, then give you a call to see if you’re interested. If you are, you then call the client, discuss the job and negotiate a fee.
We are presently looking for service providers in the following categories:
- Handymen (yes, you can say “no ladders or roof work please”!)
- Home care (personal care assistance, companionship and/or meal prep, etc.)
- Other (could be sewing/tailoring, in-home care, organizing, etc.)
Learn more by calling us at 425-286-1028! (office open M,W,F from 10am-1pm)
Coffee Bar- Active
- Set up and clean up the coffee bar area.
- Make coffee, get ice water in pitchers, and replenish all supplies.
- Clean dishes and the area at the end of shift.
- Provide welcoming environment for all guests
- Engage in and encourage conversations
Please note that all volunteers must complete a background check as part of the approval process. Once your application has been processed, our volunteer coordinator will contact you to help identify a volunteer role that might be a good fit.
Contact us for more volunteer information:
Volunteer Coordinator: Harry Horst
Other ways to give:
We are currently looking to engage sponsors for our Bothell 5k, raising funds for our Northshore “Wranglers” Inclusion Program, serving special needs individuals of all ages in our community. www.Bothell5k.org To sponsor this event, or to donate, please visit here or call us at 425-286-1023.
Northshore Senior Center regularly needs various items to help support our programs and services. A list of our current in-kind needs can be found here. Donations can be delivered directly to the Bothell Senior Center, Monday-Friday between 9am-3pm. Otherwise, please call us to arrange a time to drop off. 425-487-2441.
Northshore Senior Center offers opportunities for local businesses to advertise in our various publications.
Upcoming Fundraising Events
Northshore Senior Center has a limited number of fundraising events planned for 2022. These opportunities may continue to evolve as it becomes more safe to gather in person. At this time, you can find information about our fundraising events here.
For more information on how to get involved, contact us at 425-487-2441 or via email at Information@mynorthshore.org