Northshore Senior Center Kindness Crew
Volunteers needed to make and write cards that will be mailed to seniors and volunteers to brighten their day!
Would you like to host a food drive for the food pantry of Northshore Senior Center? Contact us for help setting it up!
YARD WORK – ACTIVE
- Help out with yard work at our Senior Centers in Bothell, Mill Creek, Kenmore or Health & Wellness
- Work includes cleanup of grounds, raking leaves, flower bed clean up, pressure washing
- Complete ongoing and seasonal tasks as needed
- Keep the tool storage area clean and organized.
HEALTH & WELLESS / INCLUSION PROGRAM ASSISTANT – ACTIVE
- Assist with daily activities as assigned by the Activity Manager.
- Provide personal attention to the participants. Share any special skills and talents.
- Assist with group activities.
- Assist staff and participants with outings and special events.
- Set up and take down furniture as directed. Help maintain a clean and safe environment.
DRIVER – ACTIVE
- Help older adults access medical appointments and the grocery store by being a volunteer driver.
- Flexible schedule–shifts vary based on the requests received and needs of members.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have a vehicle in good working condition. Volunteer drivers can be reimbursed for mileage at the IRS rate. Must have access to a cell phone.
FOOD PANTRY- ACTIVE
- Help distribute food to the community
- Receive donations and sort food
Ability to provide great and respectful customer service to a diverse range of clients
Physically be able to move around, up, and down easily, standing, walking & ability to lift up to 30lbs
FRONT DESK RECEPTION – ACTIVE
The Northshore Senior Center is looking for Front Desk Volunteers!
Current Needs – Bothell Senior Center, Mill Creek Senior Center, Health & Wellness Center
- Must be comfortable using a computer and phone.
- Help screen for COVID, enter data into our system, sign people up for classes, take payments and give out useful information to our guests.
GRANT WRITER- ACTIVE
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- In collaboration with NSC staff, draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
Time Commitment: This position requires a minimum of one 4+ hour shift per week. There will also be a training period associated with this position.
COFFEE BAR- ACTIVE
- Set up and clean up the coffee bar area.
- Make coffee, get ice water in pitchers, and replenish all supplies.
- Clean dishes and the area at the end of shift.
- Provide welcoming environment for all guests
- Engage in and encourage conversations
PANCAKE BREAKFAST & VETERANS BREAKFAST CLUB – ACTIVE
Pancake Breakfast: First Saturday of each month
Veterans Breakfast Club: Second Monday of each month
- Assist in the kitchen making pancakes
- Help keep the kitchen clean and organized
- Serve people in the dining room
- Clean up kitchen when done
KITCHEN HELPER/COMMUNITY DINING – ACTIVE
- Cook organizes and assigns tasks, assists in cooking
- Pack meals and prepare packets for food delivery
- Food Prep people assist in preparing the food according to proper health food guidelines and as assigned by the cook
- Community Dining/Pancake Breakfast: Serve food to people eating in our dining room
COMPUTER SKILLS (DATA ENTRY, SOCIAL MEDIA) – ACTIVE
- Assist with any data entry Northshore Senior Center may need
- Assist with posting and creating posts for Northshore Senior Center’s social media and marketing plans.
- Training provided
FACILITIES : ACTIVE
We are looking for a Facilities Coordinator Volunteer to help us maintain a secure and well-functioning work environment. The volunteer will help oversee all activities inside a building, making sure that health and safety standards are met and arranging for repairs when needed.
- Fixing minor issues in appliances or arranging for repairs when needed
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Removing hazardous materials from all areas accessible to employees and guests
NSC EMPLOYMENT MATCHING PROGRAM – ACTIVE PAID OPPORTUNITY
Seniors Helping Seniors – Paid Opportunity
Use your life skills to help seniors that need assistance and earn some extra money for yourself. All potential workers are initially interviewed and checked through the Washington State Patrol system. Our volunteer NSC Employment Matching Program gets calls daily asking for help. We find one of our service providers who’s a good match for what the “client” is needing assistance with, then give you a call to see if you’re interested. If you are, you then call the client, discuss the job and negotiate a fee.
We are presently looking for service providers in the following categories:
- Handymen (yes, you can say “no ladders or roof work please”!)
- Home care (personal care assistance, companionship and/or meal prep, etc.)
- Other (could be sewing/tailoring, in-home care, organizing, etc.)
Learn more by calling us at 425-286-1028! (office open M,W,F from 10am-1pm)