UPDATE: Tech Lending reservations are currently available at the Northshore Senior Center
Reserve a laptop, iPad, internet hotspot here.
The Lending Library equipment is for use by currently registered Northshore Senior Center Members ONLY. You must have a valid NSC membership to qualify to check out the library equipment. Equipment in the Tech Lending Library Program is funded by the City of Mill Creek.
|MAX PERIOD||LATE/NOT RETURNED
|1 month||3 months||$100|
|Tablets (iPads)||1 month||3 months||$100|
|1 month||3 months||$100|
For extensions, contact a member service specialist at (425) 488-4821. Only one laptop or iPad can be checked out at a time per household.
Library equipment may be reserved on our website. Once you receive confirmation that your reservation is ready, you may pick up reserved items from the Front Desk. In addition to our regular checkout process, you will need to consent to our equipment checkout agreement, acknowledging your responsibilities regarding damage, theft,
late return, as well as the terms and conditions for checkout.
No show reservations will be canceled after 24 hours of the reservation date.
Use of Equipment
Tech Lending equipment should only be used for personal purposes. Keep in mind, after the laptops and iPads are returned, any documents that have been saved to them will be permanently erased. The Northshore Senior Center is not responsible for any lost data or documents. The borrower is responsible for saving files to cloud storage, a USB flash drive, or another memory device. Borrowers may sync additional data and applications, with the understanding that all data added by the borrower will be erased when the laptop or iPad is wiped and reset upon return. Any additional applications, media, or software purchased by the borrower during the loan period must be done with the borrower’s own money and is not the responsibility of the Northshore Senior Center. The Northshore Senior Center monitors the utilization of checked-out equipment and if identified that it is not being used you must return the equipment.
Late Returns & Bans
- All equipment loans are due back before facility closes on the due date that you selected.
- Borrowers should note the due date and ensure the secure and prompt return of all items.
- Once an item is late, you will start receiving emails and text messages reminding you to return the item.
- Late items cannot be extended.
- Once the equipment is 5 days late it will be marked as lost/stolen, you will be charged the full replacement fee. When the equipment is returned, a portion will remain on your account as an “Equipment Processing Fee.”
- Each month late, 5% of the replacement fee will become non-refundable.
Damage to, loss, or theft of loaned equipment during the borrowing period is the sole responsibility of the borrower. Users should not borrow equipment for use by any other member or individual. Borrowers will be assessed fees for damage on an individual basis based on multiple factors that include the extent of the damage and whether the equipment is under warranty. Damage costs assessed to a user must be paid within 30 days or borrowing privileges from the Northshore Senior Center will be suspended until the fee is settled. If the equipment is lost, stolen, or damaged upon repair, your membership account will be charged for the full replacement cost of any equipment involved.
Equipment must be returned before the facility closes on the due date. Please do not just drop the equipment off at the front desk and leave. This ensures the equipment will be checked in properly and the borrower will not incur any penalties for not returning it.
Allow at least five minutes for front desk staff to check the equipment at both pick-ups and return as they will need to confirm receipt of all items included with the equipment and that the pieces are in working condition. Returning equipment without accessories will result in being charged for replacing the missing items. If found later, missing items can be returned and fees will be refunded except for the $25/$100 processing fee.
The following violations may result in suspension of the borrower’s equipment loan privileges:
- Equipment left unattended or abandoned in or outside of the facility.
- Problems with, damage to, or the loss/theft of equipment was not reported immediately to Northshore Senior Center staff.
- Library equipment returned five or more days past due.
- Violating the equipment loan agreement.