Who We Are
The Northshore Adult Day Center includes case management, nursing services provided by RN’s and LPN’s, rehabilitation services by an Occupational Therapist, fitness/exercise programs, regular social interaction in group and one-on-one situations, daily activities including crafts, gardening, music, group discussions and speakers, and short outings. A nutritious lunch and morning and afternoon snacks are provided in a family-style setting. Based on individualized assessments, our interdisciplinary staff develops care plans to meet the specific needs of each participant based on our internally developed software database ADWare. We routinely assess outcomes based on this information, allowing us to track each participant’s care and development over time.
The Northshore Adult Day Center is located near downtown Bothell, across the street from the Northshore Senior Center. This 3-story, 20,000-square-foot building provides a full-service day care program for up to 80 participants. Features specific to this location include:
- Fitness Center and Rehabilitation room with strength and cardio equipment with some specialized equipment for those requiring special assistance.
- Computer Learning Center with individual stations with the latest adaptive devices and technology.
- Rehabilitation kitchen where participants practice basic life skills such as cooking and cleaning.
- Caregiver Resource Library with the latest print, video, and online information.
- State-of-the-art indoor and outdoor security system ensuring safety, dignity and freedom of movement for those who wander.
- Horticulture garden for enjoyment and therapeutic gardening activities.
- Pedestrian bridge connecting services and programs with the senior center.
- Sunroom, providing a safe and therapeutic indoor and outdoor environment for those with severe cognitive disabilities.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Monthly Calendar of Activities:
A monthly calendar of activities is prepared and posted each month. Calendars are sent home with participants. Please consult this daily to note any special activities and holiday closures.
Northshore operates its own transportation department to provide rides to those attending the program to augment the public transportation services available throughout the county. Our facility is fully handicap accessible, including loading and unloading zones reserved for participants.