SPECIAL RECREATION AND COMMUNITY INCLUSION PROGRAM SERVING PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Founded in 1998 the Northshore Wranglers Special Recreation & Community Inclusion Program offers year-round, weekly and ongoing specialized and inclusive activities, advocacy and support for individuals of all ages with intellectual, cognitive & developmental disabilities, their family & caregivers. As part of the Northshore Health and Wellness Center, the Wranglers Program compliments programs offered via the Northshore Adult Day Center. Both Centers are part of the Northshore Senior Center, a non-profit 501(c)3.
WRANGLERS "ALL HANDS IN" DINNER AUCTION
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Join the Wranglers for an evening of celebration and support. Tickets are $75 each. More details will be available soon, including registration. Stay tuned. Go Wranglers!!!
Auction Procurement Form
CLASSES & ACTIVITIES
|Please register in advance for Wranglers classes/activities. To sign up:
|1) Have you completed a 2013 Program Participation Form?
|2) For Special Olympics programs be sure you have a current Special Olympics Athlete Application Form.
|3) Check the latest Activities Guide (link above) for current class/activity details.
|4) Identify classes/activities of interest and tally fees for all programs.
|5) Pay online with a credit card or in person via check or cash.
|6) For free classes/activities, or to use DDD hours*, please RSVP with Coach Cole.
|*DDD Respite Contract: Senior Services, Northshore #501976
Volunteers are always needed to support ongoing programs. Volunteers generally must be age 16 or older. Younger ages okay with parent/leader/adult volunteer. Please contact Cole Caplan with interest in volunteering.
IN THE NEWS
- January 7, 2013, Wranglers hit the floor running in 2013
- December 4, 2012, Wranglers Drama to perform "Wizard of Oz" benefitting Hopelink
- November 27, 2012, Northshore Wranglers ‘The Music Project’ coming to Bothell
- November 27, 2012, Northshore Wranglers Present "The Music Project"
- November 27, 2012, Helping Young People Find Their Voice (The Music Project)
- August 8, 2012, Vocal coach believes in magic of song and hugs (updated)
- June 21, 2012, Wranglers Awarded Grant For Camps
- April 16, 2012, Wranglers reach out in friendship to soldiers serving in Afghanistan
- April 6, 2012, People brave the weather to participate in Can-Do event
- March 21, 2012, Can Do race [and Team Wranglers] to raise awareness, support for people with special needs
- March 8, 2012, Volunteer vocal coach believes in magic of song and hugs (Wranglers singing program)
- March 8, 2012, Northshore Wranglers in the Can Do 5K/10K
- Feb, 20, 2012, Wranglers earn top fund-raising honors for Special Olympics Washington (Link 2)
- Feb 15, 2012, Wranglers Plunge into Lake Union Taking Top Fundraising Honors
- Feb 11, 2012, Hundreds take a frigid plunge Special Olympics (Wranglers parent Betsy Sanders inverview with Komo News)
- Jan 5, 2012, Wranglers Take The Plunge For Special Olympics Washington (Link 2)
- Dec 5, 2011, The Music Project Works Magic For Wranglers (event photos)
- Nov 30, 2011, Woodinville Winter Wonderland Begins Dec 1 (donations support Special Olympics WA and the Wranglers)
- Nov 21, 2011, Northshore Wranglers' 'Holiday Extravaganza', Dec. 9
- Nov 11, 2011, Northshore Team Wranglers Helping Hopelink (Link 2, Link 3)
- Oct 18, 2011, Rapunzel at Molbak's to support the Northshore Wranglers
- Oct 14, 2011, Molbak's "Rapunzel" to benefit Wranglers (2012 Camp Info, 2011 Photos/Slideshow)
- Sept 2011, Woodinville Chamber of Commerce Newsletter (see page 4)
- July 15, 2011, Wranglers Roll In Support of Wacky Wheelays
- July 5 & 7, 2011, Teen raises money & awareness for Northshore Wranglers (Link 1/2/3)
- June 1, 2011, Wranglers to "Rock" Big Daddy's (Link 2)
- Apr 23, 2011, Regional Track Meet (Link 1/2: Wranglers @ -0:30)
- Mar 25, 2011, Woodinville Chamber Raises Funds for Wranglers
- Jan 24, 2011, Wranglers heading to Bothell
- Dec 27, 2010, Wranglers will roll into Bothell in 2011...
- Dec 22, 2010, Wranglers to become part of the Northshore Senior Center
- Dec 15, 2010, Top scores for Wranglers Jingle Bowl 2010...
- Nov 8, 2010, Local Bands Rock for the Wranglers
- Oct 25, 2010: Rock ‘n’ roll to benefit Wranglers
- Aug 23, 2010: Going "Over the Edge" (to support a Wrangler)
- Aug 8, 2010: Wranglers enjoy art, animals, fun
- July 26, 2010: Stepping ‘Over the Edge’ to support Special Olympics
- June 21, 2010: Wranglers go to state competition
- Mar 29, 2010:Wranglers are state champs
RESOURCES AND ADVOCACY
The Team Wranglers Campaign promotes advocacy for and awareness of people with special needs and "gives back" supporting worthy causes our community. Everyone can take part in Team Wranglers through participation, via a donation, or both! Events, activities and opportunities are ongoing and charities vary.
SUPPORT & DONATIONS
- To donate directly to the Nortshore Wranglers, a TAX-DEDUCTABLE DONATION can be made to the Wranglers parent organization the Northshore Senior Center, a non-profit 501(c)3. Contact Cole Caplan for details regarding your donation or MAKE A DONATION at any time securely online.
- Wranglers "Spirit Gear" (apparel) celebrates, promotes and supports the Northshore Wranglers. Wranglers “Spirit Gear” is for everyone. Options include tee shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants and wristbands. A portion of each sale helps to support ongoing Wranglers programming. Shirt design and color options:
The Northshore Health and Wellness Center (NHWC) may be closed and the Adult Day Program cancelled during inclimate weather. Please call the NHWC after 7am for a status update during inclimate weather events (425-488-4821). If the NHWC is closed, any Wranglers program beginning before noon will be cancelled. Afternoon and evening Wranglers programming may still be offered depending on weather and road conditions. A Wranglers program-specific notification email will be sent the day of a program before noon for an afternoon program or before 3pm for an evening program. This website will be updated with program-specific information when available. Contact Cole Caplan, Wranglers Program Coordinator, for more details.
NSC Program Coordinator
Northshore Health and Wellness Center
10212 E Riverside Drive
Bothell, WA 98011