RECREATION AND COMMUNITY INCLUSION PROGRAM
SERVING PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Since 1998 the Northshore Wranglers Program has offered activities, advocacy and support for individuals of all ages with intellectual, cognitive and developmental disabilities. Our programs include families and caregivers, offering year-round, weekly and ongoing specialized and inclusive opportunities for all participants. The Wranglers is a non-profit program of Bothell’s Northshore Senior Center’s Health and Wellness Department. See the Wranglers Program Brochure for more information.
CLASSES & ACTIVITIES
TO SIGN UP FOR CLASSES:
1) Complete a Program Participation Form*
2) Check the latest Activities Guide for class details
3) Total up fees for classes you wish to take
4) Pay securely online with credit card or in person with check/cash
**DDA Respite Contract: Senior Services, Northshore #501976
Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program
Fred Meyer customers may link their Rewards Card to organization #93321 and help the Northshore Wranglers earn a donation from Fred Meyer while customers continuing to earn their full rewards points.
Volunteers are always needed to support ongoing programs. Volunteers generally must be age 16 or older. Younger ages okay with parent/leader/adult volunteer. Please contact Cole Caplan with interest in volunteering.
IN THE NEWS
- December 11, 2014, Northshore Wranglers Perform Mary Poppins in December
- December 4, 2014, Wranglers Give Holiday Performance Friday In Bothell
- December 2, 2014, Northshore Wranglers Music Project Concert
- January 2, 2014, Wranglers Giving Campaign - The 2013 Campaign concluded Dec 6 with $20,886 collected! The Wranglers Program thanks all those individuals who supported this year's campaign. And, a very special thanks to the generous anonymous donor who matched all donations made! Donations can me made year-round supporting the Wranglers Program via the Wranglers Donation Page.
- November 27, 2013, Northshore Wranglers in Bothell presents Peter Pan Dec. 14
- November 26, 2013, Northshore program provides nursing care, entertainment, socializing for adults (Note: The Wranglers Program is a community recreation and inclusion extension of the Northshore Adult Day Health Program.)
- November 21, 2013, Northshore Kiwanis Aktion Club collects food for Hopelink program
- November 12, 2013, Northshore Wranglers raise voices in song December 6
- November, 11, 2013, A letter from Grandma
- November 7, 2013,Bothell Based Northshore Wranglers Raise Voices in Song Dec 6
- June 17, 2013,Wranglers Singing Instructor Bernadette Bascom Receives Emmy
- June 4, 2013, Athletes Shine at Special Olympics Summer Games (Wranglers @ 1:45, 1:55, 2:50 & 3:09)
- January 7, 2013,Wranglers hit the floor running in 2013
- December 4, 2012,Wranglers Drama to perform "Wizard of Oz" benefitting Hopelink
- November 27, 2012, Northshore Wranglers ‘The Music Project’ coming to Bothell
- November 27, 2012,Northshore Wranglers Present "The Music Project"
- November 27, 2012,Helping Young People Find Their Voice (The Music Project)
- August 8, 2012, Vocal coach believes in magic of song and hugs (updated)
- June 21, 2012, Wranglers Awarded Grant For Camps
- April 16, 2012, Wranglers reach out in friendship to soldiers serving in Afghanistan
- April 6, 2012, People brave the weather to participate in Can-Do event
- March 21, 2012, Can Do race [and Team Wranglers] to raise awareness, support for people with special needs
- March 8, 2012, Volunteer vocal coach believes in magic of song and hugs (Wranglers singing program)
- March 8, 2012, Northshore Wranglers in the Can Do 5K/10K
- Feb, 20, 2012, Wranglers earn top fund-raising honors for Special Olympics Washington (Link 2)
- Feb 15, 2012, Wranglers Plunge into Lake Union Taking Top Fundraising Honors
- Feb 11, 2012, Hundreds take a frigid plunge Special Olympics (Wranglers parent Betsy Sanders inverview with Komo News)
- Jan 5, 2012, Wranglers Take The Plunge For Special Olympics Washington (Link 2)
- Dec 5, 2011, The Music Project Works Magic For Wranglers (event photos)
- Nov 30, 2011, Woodinville Winter Wonderland Begins Dec 1 (donations support Special Olympics WA and the Wranglers)
- Nov 21, 2011, Northshore Wranglers' 'Holiday Extravaganza', Dec. 9
- Nov 11, 2011, Northshore Team Wranglers Helping Hopelink (Link 2, Link 3)
- Oct 18, 2011, Rapunzel at Molbak's to support the Northshore Wranglers
- Oct 14, 2011, Molbak's "Rapunzel" to benefit Wranglers (2012 Camp Info, 2011 Photos/Slideshow)
- Sept 2011, Woodinville Chamber of Commerce Newsletter (see page 4)
- July 15, 2011, Wranglers Roll In Support of Wacky Wheelays
- July 5 & 7, 2011, Teen raises money & awareness for Northshore Wranglers (Link 1/2/3)
- June 1, 2011, Wranglers to "Rock" Big Daddy's (Link 2)
- Apr 23, 2011, Regional Track Meet (Link 1/2: Wranglers @ -0:30)
- Mar 25, 2011, Woodinville Chamber Raises Funds for Wranglers
- Jan 24, 2011, Wranglers heading to Bothell
- Dec 27, 2010, Wranglers will roll into Bothell in 2011...
- Dec 22, 2010, Wranglers to become part of the Northshore Senior Center
- Dec 15, 2010, Top scores for Wranglers Jingle Bowl 2010...
- Nov 8, 2010, Local Bands Rock for the Wranglers
- Oct 25, 2010: Rock ‘n’ roll to benefit Wranglers
- Aug 23, 2010: Going "Over the Edge" (to support a Wrangler)
- Aug 8, 2010: Wranglers enjoy art, animals, fun
- July 26, 2010: Stepping ‘Over the Edge’ to support Special Olympics
- June 21, 2010: Wranglers go to state competition
- Mar 29, 2010: Wranglers are state champs
RESOURCES AND ADVOCACY
The Team Wranglers Campaign promotes advocacy for and awareness of people with special needs and "gives back" supporting worthy causes our community. Everyone can take part in Team Wranglers through participation, via a donation, or both! Events, activities and opportunities are ongoing and charities vary.
SUPPORT & DONATIONS
To donate directly to the Nortshore Wranglers, a TAX-DEDUCTABLE DONATION can be made to the Wranglers parent organization the Northshore Senior Center, a non-profit 501(c)3. Contact Cole Caplan for details regarding your donation or MAKE A DONATION at any time securely online.
Wranglers "Spirit Gear" (apparel) celebrates, promotes and supports the Northshore Wranglers. Wranglers “Spirit Gear” is for everyone. Options include tee shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants and wristbands. A portion of each sale helps to support ongoing Wranglers programming. Shirt design and color options:
The Northshore Health and Wellness Center (NHWC) may be closed and the Adult Day Program cancelled during inclement weather. Please call the NHWC after 7am for a status update during inclement weather events (425-488-4821). If the NHWC is closed, any Wranglers program beginning before noon will be cancelled. Afternoon and evening Wranglers programming may still be offered depending on weather and road conditions. A Wranglers program-specific notification email will be sent the day of a program before noon for an afternoon program or before 3pm for an evening program. The Wranglers Online Calendar will be updated with program-specific information when available. Contact Cole Caplan, Wranglers Program Coordinator, for more details.
NSC Program Coordinator
Northshore Health and Wellness Center
10212 E Riverside Drive, Bothell, WA 98011
425-488-4821 x121 / 425-483-3001 (fax)
DDA Contract: 2037447 / Tax ID: 91-1184432