Why volunteer? Think civic engagement is purely an altruistic, self-inspired achievement...think again. Everyone benefits from your volunteering-YOU and NSC benefit as one together. We are a microcosm within our global community.
Short on time...how about being a sub or on-call volunteer? The volunteer opportunities listed below just barely scratch the surface. Don’t see something on the list-make a suggestion of how you might be able to contribute at NSC.
Share your gift
Share your talent
Share your knowledge
Share your time
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- BOOKIE OFFICE VOLUNTEER DRIVERS
The Northshore Senior Center Bookie Office needs volunteer drivers for trips and programs in this department. This volunteer position requires:
1) you have a two year clean driving record.
Our staff will conduct a simple safe-driving test with you, and once you have been approved for this position, we list you on NSC’s liability insurance which provides the proper coverage during these trips.
2) you have a medical exam Certificate from Group Health or U.S. Healthworks
NSC will reimburse the cost. If you are interested in helping in this program, please contact the Bookie Office at: 425-286-1025.
- Kitchen Helpers & Dishwashers
- Employment Assistants
- Computer Lab
- Coffee Bar Service
- General Office & Data Entry Assistants
- Pancake Breakfast (alternate Saturdays)
- Lawn care volunteers (Spring and Summer)
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Rubbina Mamdani at 425.286.1032 or RubbinaM@seniorservices.org